- This event has passed.
Webinar — Michigan Retail Outlook: How is Michigan’s Retail Sector Responding to COVID-19?
August 25, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
As Michigan advances through the phases of the state’s reopening plan, what are retailers and retail property owners seeing? How are consumers responding? What impact has the pandemic had on the retail sector and what do local leaders expect in terms of recovery?
Shopping Center Business and Heartland Real Estate Business are hosting a panel of retail leaders to discuss the impact of the coronavirus on Michigan and share insights about how the retail sector is working to overcome setbacks related to closures.
The webinar — Michigan Retail Outlook: How is Michigan’s Retail Sector Responding to COVID-19? — will take place on August 25, from 10:00 – 11:15 a.m. Eastern.
Panelists will include Deno Bistolarides of Encore Real Estate Investment Services, Thomas Litzler of Schostak Brothers & Company, Cynthia Kratchman of Mid-America Real Estate – Michigan, Nathan Forbes of The Forbes Company, Mike McBride of RPT Realty, Eric Larson of the Downtown Detroit Partnership, and moderator Todd Sachse of Sachse Construction.
Topics to be discussed:
- How has Governor Whitmer’s six-phase reopening plan been received by the retail industry?
- What restrictions are in place for retailers and restaurants? How are retail property owners and tenants ensuring the safety of customers and staff?
- What can property owners and managers do to help retail tenants through difficult circumstances? What do retailers need to recover?
- How will retail rents and property values be affected? What are the predictions for retail vacancy rates in the coming year?
- What will be the impact on new development and investment sales in the retail sector in the near term?
City of Southfield, Alliant Insurance Services and Sachse Construction are sponsoring the webinar, which is produced by France Media’s Shopping Center Business and Heartland Real Estate Business magazines.
The retail industry will continue to change rapidly over the next year in response to COVID-19. Register for this webinar to garner the information you need to be positioned for recovery and learn more about the strategies that will help you move your leasing, development, marketing and operations efforts moving forward as the industry continues to evolve and adapt.
For information about sponsoring a webinar, contact Scott France at 404-832-8262.
InterFace Conference Group is a division of France Media Inc., which publishes 10 commercial real estate publications — including Heartland Real Estate Business magazine — and several websites and newsletters focused on the commercial real estate industry.