Santa Clara, Calif. — Despite shelter-in-place mandates and temporary closures due to COVID-19, Westfield US has opened 42 stores and restaurants this year at Westfield Valley Fair, a 2.2 million-square-foot Bay Area shopping and lifestyle destination located at 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd. in Santa Clara.
Twenty-two of the new tenants have opened since March, with 15 new retail and restaurant leases signed and foot traffic increasing more than 10 percent week-over-week since the center reopened for retail operations in June.
New tenants and milestones include:
- The completion of an expanded Luxury Collection that now features more than 45 retailers, including Bvlgari, Golden Goose, Gucci, Jimmy Choo, Montblanc, Tiffany & Co. and Versace. Additionally, Christian Louboutin and Panerai have signed leases to join the Collection in the near future.
- The openings of a flagship Apple store, Lucid Studio from Lucid Motors, Peloton, AESOP, Zadig & Voltaire, Sandro, Maje and Anne Fontaine.
- New tenants for The Digital District: Tempo and Brik + Clik, which is now open; Capital One Café, Polestar, Reiss and Dr. Martens executing agreements to join the center.
- A revitalized Restaurant Collection with expanded outdoor dining options and new restaurants, including the first Northern California location of King’s Fish House, Shake Shack, Silicon Valley’s first Salt & Straw and Bamboo Sushi.
- The completion of the center’s Asian Food Collection, featuring cuisines spanning Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Thai and Indian. New restaurants include Rooster & Rice, Uncle Tetsu, Ramen Nagi, Pokeatery, Somi Somi, Vietmons and Lucky Tea.
Westfield Valley Fair unveiled the start of its $1.1 billion transformation in early March with the opening of a 500,000-square-foot expansion that includes a three-level flagship Bloomingdale’s, new indoor and outdoor public plazas and The Digital District, a dedicated area devoted to Digitally Native Vertical Brands (DNVBs) making their brick-and-mortar debut.
Additional retailers that plan to open before the year’s end include more than 15 brands, such as Lady M, Gentle Monster, Rolex, Forward and Breitling.