IRC Retail Centers Acquires Retail Power Center in North Carolina

by Katie Sloan

Elizabeth City, N.C. — IRC Retail Centers Inc. has purchased Tanglewood Pavilions, a newly built, 158,000-square-foot retail power center located in Elizabeth City.

IRC Retail Centers and joint venture partner Thompson Thrift Development Inc. broke ground on the center in October 2014 and completed construction within a year. The asset was 92 percent leased at the time of sale to tenants including Hobby Lobby, Ross Dress for Less, T.J. Maxx and Dollar Tree.

As part of the pre-negotiated joint venture agreement following Tanglewood Pavilions’ construction and stabilization, IRC Retail Partners acquired 100 percent ownership of the property from Thompson Thrift for an undisclosed price described as “a discount to fair market value” in IRC Retail Centers’ 2014 annual financial report.

According to the report, the company provided 90 percent of the equity for the development, while Thompson Thrift provided the remaining 10 percent equity. Formerly known as Inland Real Estate Corp., IRC Retail Centers is owned by funds managed by DRA Advisors LLC.

You may also like