Union, N.J. — Bed Bath & Beyond is reopening its flagship store in New York City after undergoing a complete transformation since last December to modernize the in-store shopping experience.
The renovated 92,000-square-foot flagship, located at 620 6th Ave. in Chelsea, is an expression of the new Bed Bath & Beyond in the $180 billion home market. With open sightlines and improved layout, in-store digital shopping tools through the Bed Bath & Beyond mobile app and a collection of Owned Brands and national brands for every room of the home, the flagship renovation is emblematic of a $250 million, 3-year project to remodel 450 of its stores as the company executes its overall transformation strategy.
The store now has lower sightlines, wider aisles and neatly arranged products. The flagship has floor-to-ceiling windows, and the bath section features tiled flooring. Bed Bath & Beyond has also partnered with several brands to create new experiences at its flagship location, including:
• Casper: As announced last week, the flagship features Casper’s first shop-in shop, creating an immersive in-store shopping experience of its award-winning suite of sleep offerings for Bed Bath & Beyond customers.
• SodaStream: Bed Bath & Beyond is proud to bring the SodaStream Bubble Bar to the flagship, which offers customers an opportunity to purchase and personalize SodaStream bottles. On-site mixologists provide customers with drink ideas and lessons, while demonstrating how to use the machine.
• More than 20 merchandising experiences that will bring to life the company’s Owned Brands and national brands, such as Dyson and Google nest products.
• Experiential in-store trials that will allow customers to try before they buy, including the only interactive vacuum display in New York City.
• Café 3B™, a modern barista serving La Colombe coffee that adds to the flagship’s relaxing shopping environment.
Also introduced with the flagship reopening is a “scan and buy” feature that enables customers to immediately make purchases as they shop and therefore bypass the checkout line. The flagship has a dedicated pickup area that provides customers with the ability to pick up their online orders, or customers can choose to have associates meet them outside for curbside pickup, all within one hour of placing the order.
The flagship is also part of a store network that is now able to fulfill same day delivery orders throughout Manhattan. Additionally, the redesigned Chelsea flagship utilizes energy-efficient measures to help reduce its overall carbon footprint. Upgrades include replacing fluorescent lights with LED lights, installing occupancy sensors and timers for lighting, and upgrades in energy-efficient HVAC and fans for temperature control.